Daily Challenge Today 544

Name
Matt

Completely out of touch as I am, I had completely missed this - until I got a little assignment to practice and help perform it next week; first time playing the ukulele on a "gig" (it's only a short interlude during a workshop, but still ...).

I like the tune - and I also like to sing it. So ... I'll certainly spare you the ordeal of having to listen to me :p

M.

Completely out of touch as I am, I had completely missed this - until I got a little assignment to practice and help perform it next week; first time playing the ukulele on a "gig" (it's only a short interlude during a workshop, but still ...).

I like the tune - and I also like to sing it. So ... I'll certainly spare you the ordeal of having to listen to me :p

M.
Don't be shy, laddie :hide: ... I would've liked to listen to some :dance2::dance4::dance3:

P1025459.3.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

For over four years this time-worn beauty helped me not only finance my studies but also provided me with enough money for easy living.
We played the international and German Top 40 up and down in pubs and Club festivals for hot dancing sessions. A free meal in between was included, all the drinks were free (which was dangerous at times) and - compared with today we got 100 to 150 $ a night (from 20 p. m. to midnight or sometimes till 3 a. m.).
The guitar has been decorating the wall of my room for the last half century ... a reminder of hot times and hilarious nights.

Attachments

• P1025457.3.JPG
    P1025457.3.JPG
    408.1 KB · Views: 30
View attachment 271496
For over four years this time-worn beauty helped me not only finance my studies but also provided me with enough money for easy living.
We played the international and German Top 40 up and down in pubs and Club festivals for hot dancing sessions. A free meal in between was included, all the drinks were free (which was dangerous at times) and - compared with today we got 100 to 150 $ a night (from 20 p. m. to midnight or sometimes till 3 a. m.).
The guitar has been decorating the wall of my room for the last half century ... a reminder of hot times and hilarious nights.
Alright, you get the trophy. I just paused and thought "wow". The composition has such a nice mix of symmetry and asymmetry.

So, during a commercial break in the football game, I went upstairs for a snack and got this amazing whiff of the ribs and BBQ sauce as I leaned over the crock pot to get to the jar of jellybeans. And that, ladies and Gentlemen, is Sunday afternoon in America . . .
ribs.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

As they say, pics or it didn't happen.

M.

What a wild clip, Matt. Thank you for sharing it!
Now (damnit!) I'm going to have to make time to see the whole movie...!

Back