Daily Challenge Today 578

PA169404.3.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Spent a few enjoyable hours this afternoon playing French traditional folk music - la musique traditionelle d'Auvergne - with a handful of friends, who happen to be fine musicians. I couldn't resist taking a few random snaps along the way: here, Mark Nelson is playing la vielle à roue, better known to English speakers as a hurdy-gurdy.

EP5_Oct30_21_Mark_Nelson#1.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

My wife loves to cycle but, as much as I’ve tried, it was more of a chore than a love. I was always more of a runner.
I learned to enjoy cycling from an early age, and when there is time it's always part of my life.
A large number of my daily photos occur when out riding.
This an upgrade for me as it will replace another Trek hybrid, my 2015 DS 8.6.
The 2020 loses what I call a 'granny gear' for hill climbing.
Never used it, mostly flat in this part of the world. But we have 'mostly' mild winters. Best time of the year to ride.

I learned to enjoy cycling from an early age, and when there is time it's always part of my life.
A large number of my daily photos occur when out riding.
This an upgrade for me as it will replace another Trek hybrid, my 2015 DS 8.6.
The 2020 loses what I call a 'granny gear' for hill climbing.
Never used it, mostly flat in this part of the world. But we have 'mostly' mild winters. Best time of the year to ride.
We live in a part of the country where some train for the Tour de France. Electric bicycles are becoming very popular for the hill assists.

Back