Challenge! Today 588

wee-pics

Hall of Famer
Real Name
Walter
PA179497.1.JPG
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Looks like it hasn't been used by anybody for ages.

Last edited:

MiguelATF

Hall of Famer
Talent, Oregon (far from the madding crowd)
Real Name
Miguel Tejada-Flores

I really like this, Don. The composition, the mood, the sense of a mysterious story we can't quite figure out.
It also reminds me of some classic old European films of the late 60's and 70's - and specifically, of 'Alphaville', by Jean-Luc Godard, a futuristic film noir/sci-fi thriller shot in black and white, with bleak modern landscapes and interiors reminiscent of the 'look' of this photo of yours.

donlaw

Hall of Famer
Real Name
Don
I really like this, Don. The composition, the mood, the sense of a mysterious story we can't quite figure out.
It also reminds me of some classic old European films of the late 60's and 70's - and specifically, of 'Alphaville', by Jean-Luc Godard, a futuristic film noir/sci-fi thriller shot in black and white, with bleak modern landscapes and interiors reminiscent of the 'look' of this photo of yours.
Thank you Miguel, I know you referenced that film before and I still have it on my list to check out.
This is a recently open hotel (Lansing, Michigan) and when I arrived in that corridor after many hours travel, it seemed very bright with sort of retro modern light fixtures.