Daily Challenge Today 590

PB109822.1.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

That's good news indeed, Matt.
My friend and musical partner who still teaches put it like this when I asked him about the status quo:
"We're an open laboratory ... in field test, so to speak. And we teachers are the guinea pigs."
So keep your legs stretched and celebrate with the best medicine there is (bottled in Burgundy, Bordeau, Toscany, etc.). ;)

A relatively empty Mitre 10 outlet 2 days after the reopening of retail stores - People still were afraid of contact and I could smell anxiety from their sweat.
P1220962.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

There were security guards everywhere as aggression from customers rose tenfold. The guards, therefore, are now at relatively high sensitivity/high alert, complicated by the fact that everyone wears a mask and anyone could simply just use it to an advantage and shoplift. This is the first time I've seen NZ like this.

In a local southern Oregon coffee shop, one wall is devoted to Polaroid photographs of employees and friends.
View attachment 277931
I really like this shot. The angle between the camera and the wall causes the focus to drift away as we head stage right. The shift in brightness goes the same way so the eye goes from dark focus into the bright bokeh. The bright area has that "pleasing to the eye" pattern on the bottom, just busy enough to be interesting. A journey for the eye. Maybe only a big treat for photonerds, but you did have the good sense to post it here.

I really like this shot. The angle between the camera and the wall causes the focus to drift away as we head stage right. The shift in brightness goes the same way so the eye goes from dark focus into the bright bokeh. The bright area has that "pleasing to the eye" pattern on the bottom, just busy enough to be interesting. A journey for the eye. Maybe only a big treat for photonerds, but you did have the good sense to post it here.

Steve, your reactions - and your analysis - are pretty much almost exactly a) what I had in mind before taking the shot, and b) most of what I was hoping for (with the exception of the pattern in the bright area at the bottom, which was really nothing but a lucky accident). I truly appreciate your comment - and it makes me feel good to know that a fellow photographer whose work I appreciate and admire, didn't just like the photograph, but 'got' the internal process which led to it.

Last edited:
That's good news indeed, Matt.
My friend and musical partner who still teaches put it like this when I asked him about the status quo:
"We're an open laboratory ... in field test, so to speak. And we teachers are the guinea pigs."
So keep your legs stretched and celebrate with the best medicine there is (bottled in Burgundy, Bordeau, Toscany, etc.). ;)
It's indeed fascinating - but also pretty infuriating - that I have come up with the exact same metaphor for our situation ...

Thanks everyone for your support - thankfully, the situation is going to resolve itself quickly now.

M.

Back