Daily Challenge Today 602

PA209772.1.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Albert, reflecting on e=mc2 .

Z60_3045.jpg

I have an absolutely vexing story to tell: I actually managed to drop my Z 6 with the Z 40mm f/2 on it, ready to shoot, so no caps and protections involved. Hooray for utter carelessness! :dash2:

Here's how it happened: I pulled off my right glove and didn't notice the wrist strap the camera was dangling from - went right with it. So I just saw the camera drop; miraculously, there's no mark on the body - but of course, there are some on the front of the lens; that's because the lens took most of the direct force of the impact. However, from some test shots I took, I suspect that either the lens or the camera or both have suffered some alignment or adjustment damage. I'll drop it all off directly at Nikon's repair center next week.

Today's image was taken after the fall - it still all kind of works. But "kind of" is not what I expect from my Z FX system.

Very, very frustating, but solely my own mistake, so no way to complain about it. Luckily, realistically, this shouldn't be too grave - and nothing money couldn't fix. The really stupid aspect of it: I still may have to replace the Z 40mm f/2. After two weeks. D***!

M.

View attachment 279035
Albert, reflecting on e=mc2 .

And also, doubtless, he would be reflecting on the surprising phenomenon that a rare old manuscript, covered with his notes on the Theory of Relativity which he was then developing, was just sold at auction today (November 24, 2021) for slightly more than $13 million USD.

Moral of the story from a Back-to-the-Future perspective: scientists and scribblers, save your notes for posterity :dance3:

Some time ago I purchased a soft life-like battery-operated Fish - whose tail flops back and forth in a manner that replicates the movements of a real fish with frightening accuracy - in the hopes that it might become a fun plaything for my cat. Alas, what happened was that the flopping-fake-fish has terrorized the cat who keeps his distance from the thing. So much for the 'fun cat toy' concept. The fish has been temporarily exiled to the front porch...

EP5_Nov23_21_fish_cat_toy.jpg

And also, doubtless, he would be reflecting on the surprising phenomenon that a rare old manuscript, covered with his notes on the Theory of Relativity which he was then developing, was just sold at auction today (November 24, 2021) for slightly more than $13 million USD.

Moral of the story from a Back-to-the-Future perspective: scientists and scribblers, save your notes for posterity :dance3:
They should pay $13 M for that. JMHO, of course. 🤓

Last edited:
Back