Daily Challenge Today 856

P8032186.3.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

A few lifetimes ago, growing up in Pasadena, California, this french wine - a Beaujolais Villages, made by Louis Jadot - was my mother's favorite wine. Half a century later, I ran into a bottle of it in my local small-town Oregon market.

EP5_Aug4_22_Beaujolais-Villages.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Either it's a small, small world, or Marshall McLuhan was right, we live in a global village.
Or maybe both.

What would this world be like if we couldn't enjoy those goodies from France from time to time - of course during a nice stay with these very special French who never would learn a foreign language as they expect you to speak French. From baguettes to croissants and pains au chocolat to those great red wines from Burgundy and Bordeaux, from chèvre, camembert and Comté to champagne and fruits de mer. Not to forget: four and five-course dinners. La détente.
Not surprising our forefathers already created the saying "living like God in France".
And as to their character: One of the presidents said in desperation "How can you rule a country that has over 600 kinds of cheese."

Last edited:
Back