Daily Challenge Today 864

Name
Matt

Here's the gag I promised the other day ... That's "us" (the street band I play with) doing a first attempt at a public gig after a long hiatus that was mostly due to the pandemic (and many of us "handling" things differently, too). It sure was fun ... i.e. the gig was, not the break ;) Oh, well ...

N.B. Even though it's extremely unlikely, I'd really appreciate you *not* sharing this any further - I'm not sure about any copyrights I might inadvertedly violate ...

Et ceterum censeo: No pasarán.

M.

Last edited:
The Eye of the Succulent.
eyecactus.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 329015

Here's the gag I promised the other day ... That's "us" (the street band I play with) doing a first attempt at a public gig after a long hiatus that was mostly due to the pandemic (and many of us "handling" things differently, too). It sure was fun ... i.e. the gig was, not the break ;) Oh, well ...

N.B. Even though it's extremely unlikely, I'd really appreciate you *not* sharing this any further - I'm not sure about any copyrights I might inadvertedly violate ...

M.

Freaking brilliant! I love it, Matt. The whole thing (including the inventive and mobile cinematography).
Your band ROCKS. And I don't believe the pandemic layoff has slowed you down at all.
Just one minor suggestion: it would be fun to see the Sousaphone player (is that the correct name for it? for that immense tuba-style instrument in the rear, with the name 'Brazzini' partially covering the bell of his axe?) take a brief solo ;)

Freaking brilliant! I love it, Matt. The whole thing (including the inventive and mobile cinematography).
Your band ROCKS. And I don't believe the pandemic layoff has slowed you down at all.
Just one minor suggestion: it would be fun to see the Sousaphone player (is that the correct name for it? for that immense tuba-style instrument in the rear, with the name 'Brazzini' partially covering the bell of his axe?) take a brief solo ;)
Thanks a bunch, Miguel, that means a lot to me. Dani (Daniel, the sousaphone player; yes, it's one of those) has started soloing on some pieces already - and he's pretty good at it, much better than he himself thinks he is. So, I'll suggest him taking a solo on "Just a Closer Walk with Thee" one of these days. That said, he's joking about having to do too much work already (he's starting off many pieces - of course!); don't know what he'll say ...

In spite of the impression, we were all a bit rusty - not all soloing and set play went smoothly (I have other examples we definitely need to get our act together on - certainly me!). Not a big deal, as it was fun and an important experience - but we can of course do better, and we will.

M.

Back