Daily Challenge Today 894

P9082730.1.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Lord of the manor.jpg

Lord of the manor...

I thought I could get in a short stroll today, tagging along with the little Mrs, who had a appointment with the pass office. Turned out they not only working overtime, but with a rather high degree of efficiency, so what I had calculated to be 45-60 minutes of shooting time, ended up with a measly 10 minutes.

Last edited:
The 11th was spent taking images with my Stereo Microscope and it's 5 mpx camera. Mollusks from the Keasy formation for a presentation. This Mollusk is a cast of the top shell (some actual shell is attached), Approximately 33-40 MYRs old. My software allows for exact measurement and will report it on the image if I want. Check out the size of this specimen. I didn't measure the exact size of the shell as I wanted to show the cast without distraction.

1AMeetup-2022-09-10-11-29-26-691.jpg

Today's image is a macro of a small bean. Rockwell beans are a local specialty of Whidbey Island. The odd optics du jour: my trusty old Oly 40-150mm f/4-5.6 R (plastic fantastic) with 26mm of extension tubes and the MCON-P01 macro converter. I haven't used the lens and macro adapter in over 2 years, so I dusted them off and hooked everything up.

P9110007-web.jpg

uncropped​

I managed about 1.00x magnification (maybe a bit more). Without tubes, max magnification is about 0.47x. With the extenders, I hoped for more than double, so maybe I will continue to play with it. Then again, it would have been faster and easier, with better results, if I had just grabbed my 60mm macro instead. Which is why I probably haven't used the MCON-P01 recently. Of course, it's nothing compared with @CountingGx85Gx8G9s microscope image above, but I had fun with the experiment.

P9110004-web.jpg
scale reference​

Last edited:
I managed about 1.00x magnification (maybe a bit more). Without tubes, max magnification is about 0.47x. With the extenders, I hoped for more than double, so maybe I will continue to play with it. Then again, it would have been faster and easier, with better results, if I had just grabbed my 60mm macro instead. Which is why I probably haven't used the MCON-P01 recently. Of course, it's nothing compared with @CountingGx85Gx8G9s microscope image above, but I had fun with the experiment.

scale reference​
I often use the Oly 60mm/G9 instead of my scope camera as it is only 5 mpx, but very convenient. That being said I often hook a G9 up to the scope and shoot the 80 mpx stills for stuff that is really important. Thank you for the compliment.

Back