Daily Challenge Today 904

sun.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Lovely day, with a bit of warmth in the sun still, even though the night frost is upon us.

What a cool perspective, Matt. I like the way you chose the focus and the range from the deepest shadows to the brightest lights. Is this again one with your Laowa Cookie?
Thanks a lot, very much appreciated!

The image was taken with the Leica M10 and Voigtländer APO-Lanthar 50mm f/2 ... It certainly looks kind of wide, but that's actually just, well, perspective. And the lens being used wide open ...

M.

921D805D-D76E-4D4B-B875-4B9554B11396_1_201_a.jpeg

First time using the Voigtländer APO-Lanthar 50mm f/2 (same lens Matt used today) with the M10M. I am not sure why EXIF shows a 28mm...
Still with limited movement and activities while recovering from surgery.
So my heavier and MF cameras can only be used with caution and slow set up.
Can't wait to get this combo out in the wild for a photo walk.

My younger son is doing his practice driving for his test in November. This evening I had him take me to one of my favorite local photo spots.

Time is a strange thing.... a few short years ago, he and I spent some great time bicycling around this park. Tonight he just wanted to move on...
90A5F122-26C4-44B2-829C-1973D900BF95.jpeg

My younger son is doing his practice driving for his test in November. This evening I had him take me to one of my favorite local photo spots.

Time is a strange thing.... a few short years ago, he and I spent some great time bicycling around this park. Tonight he just wanted to move on...
View attachment 337485
Glenn, this is an awesome photo. The reflection and muted colors make such a serene image. Very cool.

View attachment 337445
First time using the Voigtländer APO-Lanthar 50mm f/2 (same lens Matt used today) with the M10M. I am not sure why EXIF shows a 28mm...
Still with limited movement and activities while recovering from surgery.
So my heavier and MF cameras can only be used with caution and slow set up.
Can't wait to get this combo out in the wild for a photo walk.
Don, check if you have lens recognition set to "Auto"; the lens isn't coded, so the camera will revert to the last lens you chose *manually* (if any, at any time). This may actually be kind of a "preset" (some random lens chosen to be picked if there's no code). I usually switch off lens recognition on the M10 (I only own a few coded lenses and, for one reason or another, rarely use those). The APO-Lanthar certainly doesn't need any software support to shine.

M.

Don, check if you have lens recognition set to "Auto"; the lens isn't coded, so the camera will revert to the last lens you chose *manually* (if any, at any time). This may actually be kind of a "preset" (some random lens chosen to be picked if there's no code). I usually switch off lens recognition on the M10 (I only own a few coded lenses and, for one reason or another, rarely use those). The APO-Lanthar certainly doesn't need any software support to shine.

M.
Thanks for this tip Matt.
I did have it on "auto". And I too only have a couple of coded lenses which are not the ones most commonly used.

Back