Daily Challenge Today 905

P9172813.2.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

A POTD Lament

Yesterday I saw hummingbirds and Steller's jays, a heron and a hawk.
So today I switched to my birding lens and went out to capture a feathered subject.
But the birds, they did not cooperate.
Too few, too fidgety, too far, too fast.
Defeated, I returned home and switched the lens again.
And took a shelfie, instead.

P9220002-web.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Several years ago we bought a Yellow Bellied Slider from a seedy pet store at a flea market for the kids.... little did we know that that they have a potential 40 year life span. He started at about the size of a half dollar. He’s many times that now.
My daughter bought this red eared slider in Times Square back in 2007. He was also a half-dollar sized little turtle.

Several years ago we bought a Yellow Bellied Slider from a seedy pet store at a flea market for the kids.... little did we know that that they have a potential 40 year life span. He started at about the size of a half dollar. He’s many times that now.

My daughter bought this red eared slider in Times Square back in 2007. He was also a half-dollar sized little turtle.
I am trying to remember the last time I actually saw a half-dollar. I am pretty sure I have seen 2-dollar bills more recently than a fifty-cent piece. Anyway, I think it was before the iPhone (BiP) for both.

Back