Daily Challenge Today 945

cannon.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

This shot is a late-night (or rather, early morning) experiment - with a recently acquired bit of glass, an ancient Minolta MD Rokkor 200mm f/4 manual focus lens, shot wide open at a very high ISO, just to see how it renders. The subject is even more eclectic than the lens: a print of a nocturnal dinosaur by a close friend and fine photographer, taken with his Pen F (and hanging, slightly askew, on a wall of my study).

So, essentially, this is a photo of a photo. With minimal available light, I used a monopod for additional support.

EM5_Nov1_22_midnight_photograph(Scott_Frost).jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

More on the lens will follow, once I get a chance to try it out under normal lighting conditions. It is, however, surprisingly lightweight and compact, and reminds me of some of the small Pentax telephotos I used to use with my MX 35mm film SLR's

This shot is a late-night (or rather, early morning) experiment - with a recently acquired bit of glass, an ancient Minolta MD Rokkor 200mm f/4 manual focus lens, shot wide open at a very high ISO, just to see how it renders. The subject is even more eclectic than the lens: a print of a nocturnal dinosaur by a close friend and fine photographer, taken with his Pen F (and hanging, slightly askew, on a wall of my study).

So, essentially, this is a photo of a photo. With minimal available light, I used a monopod for additional support.

View attachment 345368

More on the lens will follow, once I get a chance to try it out under normal lighting conditions. It is, however, surprisingly lightweight and compact, and reminds me of some of the small Pentax telephotos I used to use with my MX 35mm film SLR's
You textual description is as interesting as the image.

Back