Daily Challenge Today 994

PC164161.1.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Hard to believe that these guys still see themselves as mainly a busking band even today ...

Et ceterum censeo: No pasarán.

M.
Another discovery. I didn't know them before. What a power there is in their playing. And what an incredible bass. Reminds me of Jack Bruce who was one of the first in pop to play a highly melodious bass, sort of improvising at the same time as giving the rhythm basis, not just the umph-umph rhythm style.

Continuing the theme which Don started yesterday - of small toy-like figures upon old Klipsch speakers - here is one of mine (the speakers, I mean) with PeeWee in attendance. Yes, they are rather ancient sound-producing devices... but the nicest I've ever had, I think.

XT3_Dec20_22_PeeWee_on_Klipsch_speaker.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Continuing the theme which Don started yesterday - of small toy-like figures upon old Klipsch speakers - here is one of mine (the speakers, I mean) with PeeWee in attendance. Yes, they are rather ancient sound-producing devices... but the nicest I've ever had, I think.

View attachment 353983
I like this image and am really pleased to see you share in an admiration of similar vintage speakers.
My Klipschs have been with me for many years.

Last edited:
I really like the moody, muted tones and vibe of this photograph, Lyle.
I'm also curious - where exactly was it taken? Somewhere on the Pacific, in Washington State perhaps...?
Strange story, that. Two nights ago, we were in Bandon (avoiding the Siskiyou Pass on our way south for the holidays). I captured a beautiful sunset there. We were supposed to be spending last night in Ferndale, California. But following the earthquake, we opted to stay just south of Crescent City, where power and heat were available. This image was taken in Brookings Port Orford, Oregon, just before we crossed the state line.

Edit: I got the location a bit wrong. Corrected above.

Last edited:
Back