Today at the falls

Tdp

All-Pro
A few shots from today at the falls near my house. XE1+XF35, EM5+CV17.5. Killed an ND8 filter when I dropped it and the retaining ring came out, along with the glass. It was a cheapie so such is life. I needed some small items from the camera store anyway....

So two different cameras, focal lengths and image "feels" from these.

8553157995_c5d6da397a_b.jpg

EM5 at the Falls by Photos By 夏天, on Flickr

View attachment 66463
XE1 At The Falls by Photos By 夏天, on Flickr

8554262674_7e357575ae_b.jpg

8554429812_8746104c66_b.jpg

View attachment 66466

8553326021_1edfe65614_b.jpg

View attachment 66468

8554430864_c0a0704489_c.jpg

Luscious and beautifully captured. The stream at the bottom of my house has run dry in summer for the last 4 years. We are hoping for rain soon. The sound of running water resonates with the deepest part of our souls.

Thanks everyone. The third one is standing over a fall point looking down. I'm always concerned about falling, those rocks are slippery and I've fallen there once before.....on the way to work in nice clothes. The camera was fine but I got to work and people thought I had a motorcycle accident. Oops.

Nice (quite a bit more than nice really)

There is a waterfall about 100 metres from me but its in shade so I have to wait for some sun to hit it in the afternoon (probably sometime in May) hopefully after a decent rain storm so its in flood

Nothing to choose between these btw they are all well ..nice

#4 and #6 are my favs. Do you have to wait for a personless shot or it this place relatively unpopulated? Being in SoCal, I'd have to look hard and drive for water stuff which isn't all concrete.

Gary

Thanks everyone. I live at the base of a mountain national park that its quite wet so there are lots of places like this to shoot. Unless it is a holiday, most locations are absent of people. If you don't mind a short hike or getting dirty, there are tons of places where you will never see another person.

Back