Challenge! Today Challenge

Real Name
Matt
This is just a short notice to announce a new "rolling" challenge.

To give a little background: Last year, we did two consecutive monthly challenges - and then just kept rolling; on March 31, we will complete a full year, and on April 1, we will even tick of the leap year (remember that 2020 was one ...). However, we're a small group, and there's no telling how things will continue - I certainly can't expect anyone to carry on after such a feat! So the Day to Day sequence of threads will end before it dissolves, with a last instance on April 1.

I want to offer a new opportunity for others to join all those of us who want to continue. I for one will try to keep going as long as possible - it's become a helpful routine, an obligation to not just let time tick by but create something within it.

The idea of the new challenge is this: You pick your own challenge duration or just try a "jump" (a stretch of consecutive days) by simply posting to the "Today" threads. You can announce your attempt (that's encouraged), but you don't have to.

The only rule: The image you post has been taken on the day you publish it.

And of course, it's important to actually keep it up for a while - that's the key to going places, as always.

Feel free to ask questions if something appears not clear enough. Whatever happens, this will start on April 2, 2021.

One last thing: The first thread will have a rather peculiar number, signifying the continuation of our daily shooting and posting: The Today Challenge will start with "Today 367" - to signify the second year running for at least some of us. So please, don't be confused by this, take heart and try it - it has been a worthwhile experience for sure, and it would be great to have it continue and possibly grow again.

M.

Briar

All-Pro
LOL I’m confused (been a long day for me so not much left upstairs in terms of brain power), does it start on the first or the second? I don’t want to be an April fool but clearly I have it in me! 🤪

Real Name
Matt
LOL I’m confused (been a long day for me so not much left upstairs in terms of brain power), does it start on the first or the second? I don’t want to be an April fool but clearly I have it in me! 🤪
I'll post the first thread on the second ... because we have to be able to finish our own run properly :)

I'll adujst the above post (I know what confused you ...). I just wanted it to be visible as an announcement on April 1, but it's what it is ...

M.

wee-pics

Hall of Famer
Real Name
Walter
Thank you Matt for keeping the thread running for the complete year and for entertaining us each day anew with wonderful maths wonders and making our toes dance in rhythm to the music of the movies. You brightened up our Corona days with these little extra feats.

It was a small but highly motivated bunch with a fascinating range of topics, very individual ways of seeing things around them and a good sense of humour, too. And what fantastic feedbacks. That thread *is* the best proof that the name of the website couldn't have been chosen more adequately.
I'll try to keep going with 365.

Last edited: