Nikon Today's Nikon Camera Bag.

Brian

Product of the Fifties
Nikon_Pair.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I am taking my Daughter to Roller Skating today- decided to bring the new Z5 with the Canon 50/0.95 and the Df with the 55/1.2 Ai. Also bringing the AIs 85/2.
I have good luck with the M9 and M Monochrom with fast glass, 75/1.25 and 50/1.0.
I've used the 50/0.95 with the Canon 7 in very low light. This will be interesting.

@Brian , I look forward to seeing how you get on with your Tessar 50mm lenses. IME, my 50mm F2.8 and Z6 don't instinctively get along with the camera treating it as if it were a much slower lens (this doesn't occur with my other lenses of the same aperture).

Last edited:
@Brian , I look forward to seeing how you get on with your Tessar 50mm lenses. IME, my 50mm F2.8 and Z6 don't instinctively get along with the camera treating ot as if it were a much slower lens (this doesn't occur with my other lenses of the same aperture).
I have a lot of Tessars! I have the original Tessar 5cm F2.8 from ~1932, wartime Tessar in Exakta mount that is coated, and more.

These are with the Nikon Df and AIS 85/2 Nikkor, stopped down to F2.8.
My hit rate under the Disco lights was not good, viewfinder was just not bright enough to focus, even with the 55/1.2. I used the Z5 for the very low-light shots, and the Df with the 85 for full houselights on.

Second shot is cropped about 50%, to cut-out a skater that zoomed in too close.

Last edited:
Back