Micro 4/3 Today's street images

Isoterica

Hall of Famer
Dec 6, 2011
Are you just that close to people or were you making use of zoom here? Seriously, your last few posts, the framing is awesome!

Iansky

All-Pro
Dec 8, 2011
Cotswolds, UK
Are you just that close to people or were you making use of zoom here? Seriously, your last few posts, the framing is awesome!
Hi kristen,

I have been using the Pany 45-175X lens a lot more for my street work as I was unsure of it's capability at the longer end - after this weekend I am a lot happier with it and find the internal zooming an advantage as there is no change in physical lens size.

It certainly does perform well and as much as I love my Pany 25mm f1.4, I may just be tempted to use it more for street.

I do still enjoy getting in close especially where I can interact and converse with the subjects rather than snipe from afar.

Isoterica

Hall of Famer
Dec 6, 2011
I do still enjoy getting in close especially where I can interact and converse with the subjects rather than snipe from afar.
I think that is what impresses me the most about your images-- they are intimate, you are right there, they don't feel like you're sneaking your shots, they feel like you are a part of it. Another bravo to you!

I love them all...that last one made me hungry....could you order me a bacon roll and chips please? (if I were younger and healthier I would move to London!) it is a delight for photographers of all stripes!!

Iansky

All-Pro
Dec 8, 2011
Cotswolds, UK
London

We visit London probably twice a year (it is about 90min away) but it is well worth it and areas like Camden Town & Islington are a real street photographers dream, it is a melting pot of nationalities, ages, dress styles and attitudes.

The images at the start of this post are all from my local town that is small (20K) but still has a mix of good street subjects.

Some from Islington in Sep:

Latest threads

Top Bottom