Fuji Tokina is launching three primes for Fuji

Interesting that the E mount Sony lenses show aperture rings but not the FE.

Something I thought Sigma would've done for the Fuji mount long ago.

Unless these lenses are going to be WR I don't know who's going to buy these. Is it possible to compete with Fuji 23/1.4 and 35/1.4? :)

If these are weather resistant then they are most welcome.

Interesting that the E mount Sony lenses show aperture rings but not the FE.

Something I thought Sigma would've done for the Fuji mount long ago.

Those Tokina lenses are just rebadged Viltrox lenses! The camera industry sure has changed in the last few years!

Viltrox showed the lenses off last year:

Last edited:
Unless these lenses are going to be WR I don't know who's going to buy these. Is it possible to compete with Fuji 23/1.4 and 35/1.4? :)

If these are weather resistant then they are most welcome.

I presume that people who are on a budget and want some fast glass is their target demographic. I don't think these are going to cost $600-$800 each. If they are sharp and/or have character and are under $400, there will be people interested.

I presume that people who are on a budget and want some fast glass is their target demographic. I don't think these are going to cost $600-$800 each. If they are sharp and/or have character and are under $400, there will be people interested.
People on a budget probably don't mind used gear. Fuji 35/1.4 is $300 preowned. The 23 and 56 are more. Maybe if Tokina can at least hit the two it could work?!

I would be. If the price/performance ratio was in line.

The Fuji 16, 35 and 56 are three of my all time favs.
As a Sony aps-c shooter I have no problem saying that my Sigma F1.4s work just as well(for me) at a fraction of the price.

@Jonathan F/2 - Disappointing. I was hoping for Tokina engineering.

I would be. If the price/performance ratio was in line.

The Fuji 16, 35 and 56 are three of my all time favs.
As a Sony aps-c shooter I have no problem saying that my Sigma F1.4s work just as well(for me) at a fraction of the price.

@Jonathan F/2 - Disappointing. I was hoping for Tokina engineering.

I believe the OG Tokina engineers who were ex-Nikon lens designers have long retired or passed. I miss the old school Japanese designers willing to take risks and/or over engineer their designs like the all-metal and glass manual Nikkor and Takumar lenses or placing a bulletproof 2JZ-GTE engine in a Toyota Supra! Those were the days!

Back