Stroll Took a day off because there was a scheduled power outtage in my street.

Received a letter from the traffic management dept AND a message from the power company saying there was going to be a scheduled outtage because of works with the power lines or some such in my street. The letter even had a diagram showing where the street was going to be blocked off, with instructions to minimise our travel so as not to get in their way.

Today arrives, and I was pretty suspicious because there were no big trucks, no big machinery, definitely no sign of anyone walking around with hard hats and high-vis vests. It was very, very, quiet.

Nevertheless, we took our daughter out to the park. Came home at the end of the day, asked my father if there was indeed a power outtage. He said nope, not at all.

I am going to be very very annoyed if they scheduled another one for another day.

Anyway, got this photo at the park so photography-wise it was a good day, I guess.

2021-10-14_06-35-57.jpg

I went through a phase that lasted a few years, where I post-processed all my photos into both colour and B&W versions. I love B&W but I also know that most regular non-photographer people would just prefer to see a 'normal' colour photo.
I like both versions.

For me, the biggest advantage of the B&W versions is with printing. You can use any photo paper on any printer with a photo mode and the images will still look ridiculously good and rich. With the two colour versions above, the greens will surely pop using Fujifilm Dry Photo Paper, which most printing labs use here. The colour contrast of the colour photos are at the mercy of the performance of the printer, whereas with the B&W, you can use the gray ink purely and still get good details in the contrast. Did you process the B&Ws with any filter?

I like both versions.

For me, the biggest advantage of the B&W versions is with printing. You can use any photo paper on any printer with a photo mode and the images will still look ridiculously good and rich. With the two colour versions above, the greens will surely pop using Fujifilm Dry Photo Paper, which most printing labs use here. The colour contrast of the colour photos are at the mercy of the performance of the printer, whereas with the B&W, you can use the gray ink purely and still get good details in the contrast. Did you process the B&Ws with any filter?

That's a good point. But I don't get to print many of my photos because of the costs.

No I didn't use any filter but I did post-process them in LR on my mobile.

Back