• Cameraderie, a friendly photography forum for photographers and camera enthusiasts!
    If you are looking for critique, tips, advice, buying recommendations, or just want to talk to fellow enthusiasts then join now for free!
  • Single In July 2019 is coming! 📸
    --> Pick your gear, join the challenge! <--

Leica Torres Del Paine And Easter Island in Chile With Leica T 11/23

Leia

Regular
Feb 21, 2017
Taiwan
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

carlb

All-Pro
Feb 6, 2013
These are beautiful, Leia. Your black and white shots superb! What a trip.

The 11-23mm is my favorite wide angle zoom ever. You're putting yours to amazing use.

Leia

Regular
Feb 21, 2017
Taiwan
These are beautiful, Leia. Your black and white shots superb! What a trip.

The 11-23mm is my favorite wide angle zoom ever. You're putting yours to amazing use.
thanks. before heading to Chile, I was pretty indecisive if I should have brought my 11/23 to go with. I am so glad to have taken it with me. well, since the weather was not so good--winter there. I was pretty frustrated by the gloomy background. also, I was so disappointed by myself because all the angles seemed wrong. by looking at others works, I decided to make it black and white and download an app "Lightroom" my dream of being a great photographer has come back to life. I think I did cheat to use the app to make them great. thanks anyway! I am now trying to learn how to use 11/23.

BrianS

Super Moderator
Apr 3, 2013
They look great, and being able to download Lightroom and use it is definitely NOT cheating! The digital equivalent of using the darkroom to post-process for exposure and contrast.

Leia

Regular
Feb 21, 2017
Taiwan
They look great, and being able to download Lightroom and use it is definitely NOT cheating! The digital equivalent of using the darkroom to post-process for exposure and contrast.
Thanks. I am kinda relief!

M. Valdemar

Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
New York City
Those moai are really very strange. Great shots. This is my son in front of a moai at the NYC Museum of Natural History.

Last edited by a moderator:

carlb

All-Pro
Feb 6, 2013
Great detail for this lens, and great look to the out-of-focus areas too.

I took the 11-23mm out with the Leica T on Thursday evening, but only had one shot before clouds covered the sun. Since it's a picture of fall colors, I'll post it on the "Autumn 2017" thread.

Leia

Regular
Feb 21, 2017
Taiwan
Great detail for this lens, and great look to the out-of-focus areas too.

I took the 11-23mm out with the Leica T on Thursday evening, but only had one shot before clouds covered the sun. Since it's a picture of fall colors, I'll post it on the "Autumn 2017" thread.
thanks. once again, your guys' comments are great encouragement to me. I will keep working. I have learned that 11/23 Len can be used with taking a street photo. so I have tried so many times and the results are really great to me.

carlb

All-Pro
Feb 6, 2013
Keep taking those great pictures!

I remembered a song I heard about the Easter Island heads ... It's acapella silliness from a group called "Throat Culture." Take a listen, really fun:

luo yi

Regular
Jan 5, 2018
I like the photos. They are stimulas. :2thumbs:. Why am I sitting office all days? Go out and shoot something! right?

carlb

All-Pro
Feb 6, 2013
It's 11°F / -12°C here. Although sunny, that's just too darned cold to want to go out for!

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom