Total Noob Mistake

tonyturley

Legend
Name
Tony
Left early for work this morning so I could stop at my favorite overlook, a hill overlooking downtown and the major river flowing through the area. It was very foggy, and the city lights made for some nice reflections. I flipped on the G1 to adjust to the settings I wanted, and saw "NO MEMORY CARD" in bold letters across the screen. Reached into the pocket in my bag where I keep a spare card and . . . no memory card. I had spent several hours yesterday reviewing photos, and the cards were still in my PC or laying on the desk. I had my Rollei 35 film camera with me, and was able to get a couple of frames, but dangit! At least I hadn't made one of my usual 2-3 hour drives to a favorite hiking or biking spot. That would have hurt!

Martin and I know another twist of that tale: Not inserting the film correctly into the camera and only finding that out much, much later. Today, I "finished" a roll of APX 100 - only to realise that I hadn't take a single frame. Felt doubly miserable since a) I wanted to test a new lens (Voigtländer VM 21mm f/4 Pancake ...) and b), more importantly, I had actually put some time and effort into quite a couple of the shots and was looking forward to the results ... The only "good" thing is that I get to reuse the film (leader retriever ...).

M.

Been there and done that on the card.
And one time was all set to take some group family photos with the Nikon Df.
Didn't think to check the battery charge. Messed around with the menus and tested some autofocus while waiting for everyone to assemble.
Got everyone lined up, dead battery... iPhone to the rescue.
Since then, have a spare battery charged up and ready in the bag.
You can tell I am not a pro...

Last edited:
Back