Compact Travel camera - LX5 or G1X or X10

Like everyone said, I haven't read all the answers sorry. But yeah, it depends on what your shooting and if you need more zoom or not?

Having owned the

Canon x10 and the LX-5 and the Xz-1 and the Nikon S9100 and the Canon SX230IS I would have to say if you don't need zoom? The Canon X10 is the best looking one and for settings etc. IMHO of course, lol

If you want a superzoom compact the S9010 and the Canon sx230 are on par really.

I lean towards the S9100 though as the red one is just the bees knees lol, going to get another one soon :)

I go through cameras like water!!

Anyone want a pink SX230 IS?? lol

Canon X10?????? What are you referring to?

FYI...the SX230 successor should be announced in the next month.

Like everyone said, I haven't read all the answers sorry. But yeah, it depends on what your shooting and if you need more zoom or not?

Having owned the

Canon x10 and the LX-5 and the Xz-1 and the Nikon S9100 and the Canon SX230IS I would have to say if you don't need zoom? The Canon X10 is the best looking one and for settings etc. IMHO of course, lol

If you want a superzoom compact the S9010 and the Canon sx230 are on par really.

I lean towards the S9100 though as the red one is just the bees knees lol, going to get another one soon :)

I go through cameras like water!!

Anyone want a pink SX230 IS?? lol

I must say, the G1X intrigues me the most. My two concerns are:

1. Will I miss having a 24mm lens over the 28mm.

2. Will the G1X still perform superior if used always in Auto mode?

24mm- don't know what you plan on shooting

Auto Mode on G1X- unknown though Canon Powershots tend to do very well indeed.

As to XZ-1, it really shines shooting RAW, in jpeg NR is too much over ISO 200

X-10 perhaps Fuji X10 was meant

Like most people, probably anything and everything. Especially when on travel anything is possible which is why I want a camera for general purposes from A to Z.

24mm- don't know what you plan on shooting

Auto Mode on G1X- unknown though Canon Powershots tend to do very well indeed.

As to XZ-1, it really shines shooting RAW, in jpeg NR is too much over ISO 200

X-10 perhaps Fuji X10 was meant

Went to look at the X10 today and while a very nice camera, I just don't think its for me.

As for the G1X, I was looking on Amazon.com and it indicates it is due in March 31, I thought it was being released in February?

@Ryan - At the end of the day, only you are going to be able to determine whether 24 vs. 28 matters to you. I'd guess that it doesn't to most people. Most folks like a little bit more zoom at the long end.

As for auto, Canon does a pretty good "auto' most of the time. The "auto" setting on my S90 works pretty well as long as the light is decent. At lower light, I take control of the camera like I would on a more "serious" camera.

Good point. Any idea if the release on the GX1 is actually for February or March?

@Ryan - At the end of the day, only you are going to be able to determine whether 24 vs. 28 matters to you. I'd guess that it doesn't to most people. Most folks like a little bit more zoom at the long end.

As for auto, Canon does a pretty good "auto' most of the time. The "auto" setting on my S90 works pretty well as long as the light is decent. At lower light, I take control of the camera like I would on a more "serious" camera.

Back