Trees

Iansky

All-Pro
Dec 8, 2011
Cotswolds, UK
I am really pleased with this image as the X100 has captured the strong but gentle curve of the trees and the B&W has emphasised this as well as show the strength and beauty of them all in the wood.

Penfan2010

All-Pro
Jul 21, 2012
NJ, USA
Ed
Ian - amazing, amazing light on the tree trunks, very well done. I do notice the X100 is very good at capturing subtle tones and gradations. Thanks for sharing.

BBW

Administrator Emeritus
Jul 7, 2010
betwixt and between
BB
Agreed, beautifully seen and post processed Ian. Love the tones and feeling of depth. I feel as though I might be entering into one of Maurice Sendak's forests.

A slightly different take on trees - with the X10.

afkenner

Regular
Jan 20, 2013
I use Silver Efex pro2 for all my B&W conversion as for my personal style, there is no other B&W conversion method/package I am happy with
Thanks. I have Silver Efex Pro 2 (with Lightroom) and I am just beginning to get comfortable in the somewhat different workflow. LR4 feels normal to me but SEPro2 is still unfamiliar. I know I need to spend more time with it to get the results I know it's capable of (like your terrific shot, Ian)

carlb

All-Pro
Feb 6, 2013
We still don't have leaves on our trees up here, but a sunny late afternoon and a polarizer can make for some neat contrasts:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The sharp moon is what I needed, but I wish I could have had the branches sharper. Perhaps I should have pushed farther than f16, but I didn't want to risk losing sharpness to diffraction.

I don't think there was much I could have done to get both the branches and moon sharp, but if I'm wrong please let me know.

Mytola

Regular
Feb 10, 2013
I came across this tree and just love the way it is standing strong and very imposing with a 3D effect - the X100 does it again!

That simply looks stunning! Lots of character in the tree to the right, and the sky really looks striking and moody! It could perhaps do with a bit more air to both the left and right edges of the frame, but that's nitpicking. Really nice stuff!

Iansky

All-Pro
Dec 8, 2011
Cotswolds, UK
Thanks Adam,

It is well worth investing some time in it as the results can be stunning especially when you want to emphasise a dramatic sky shot.

Latest threads

Top Bottom