Nature Trees

Luke, Gordon Lightfoot was on the turntable as you updated your post, and as usual my eyes were moist, a very moving song.

Barrie

Got to see Gordon in concert three years ago or so in Charlotte, NC, not too long before his guitar player, Terry Clements passed.
At the end of The Edmond Fitz there was a five full minutes of standing 'O'. He's a Canadian national treasure for sure.

X10

X10treesbw.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Yes, Mayank - you've been missed and so have your photographs!

I have to say that this is truly a beautiful and interesting thread... Many of these images make me think of poems....or if not a specific poem, of poetry. I've been very "otherwise engaged" for quite a few months and only today finally caught up with this thread. Many thanks to everyone for sharing their work.

I came across this tree and just love the way it is standing strong and very imposing with a 3D effect - the X100 does it again!

attachment.php

That simply looks stunning! Lots of character in the tree to the right, and the sky really looks striking and moody! It could perhaps do with a bit more air to both the left and right edges of the frame, but that's nitpicking. Really nice stuff!

Here are a few from Sedona this weekend- the remants of these barren trees seemed to complement the arid desert and red rocks

a different view of "coffee pot rock" (named because of the resemblance of the rightmost portion of the rock formation)
8525212884_4d1b8ed5e4_b.jpg

Sedona by AZK9lover11, on Flickr

con trail added some interest to a scene with otherwise bright sun and cloudless sky
8525212848_54e9195f5f_b.jpg

con trail juxtaposition
8524097467_afbcf7790f_b.jpg

Oly E-P1 with 14-42II and 40-150mm

^ Beautiful!

These trees are covered in Ivy and happen to be standing in an almost full circle, which always makes me think of some sort of witch gathering place :tongue: the Ivy is green throughout the winter, so while the other trees and plants will need a few more warm weeks to really start showing some leaves, the Ivy was already catching the glorious spring day sunlight :)
View attachment 66216
Ivy League by bartjeej, on Flickr

Back