Nature Trees

MoonMind

Hall of Famer
Dec 29, 2013
Switzerland
Matt
😲 – have you processed these in post? I really need to take my M8 out after this April challenge.
Yes, I have, but only pretty modestly (through Polarr). I have a couple of things I do to every image, then adjust to taste; the main things are tweaking the RGB curve with additional highlight and shadow recovery. I don't know why, but the images from the M8 always are very, very easy to bring up.

Just three things to observe in my experience: Don't overdo the sharpness (ever, in my opinion), hold the contrast and saturation ...

Whitebalance is often on the warm side, so that's something to take into account as well.

M.

MoonMind

Hall of Famer
Dec 29, 2013
Switzerland
Matt
I really like the tones in these pictures. I've found earlier myself that I favor the tones of M8, whether the Kodak story is true or not, but the sensor in this camera is something different than today's CMOS'es.
Truth be told, I can get very similar results from the M 262 as well as the M10 - but the elegance of the M8's files is still miraculous. It's intangible, but it's there.

And yes, the warm tones are very "filmic" ...

M.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom