Nature Trees

52516165980_3d4d6a4c2d_o.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Back in the day, Kodachrome 64 was my go-to. I recorded a lot of my military career color images in KC 64 and also a lot in Kodak Tri-x. Ah, I remember it well.
Never got to play with it myself unfortunately. Maybe some old stock still available online. I enjoy the way it renders blue sky in every image I plug into a Kodachrome simulation.

Never got to play with it myself unfortunately. Maybe some old stock still available online. I enjoy the way it renders blue sky in every image I plug into a Kodachrome simulation.
Bluer than blue blues, redder than red reds, greener than green greens ...

The epitaph for Kodachrome, Chris.

I always preferred either Agfa or Ektachrome 64, the latter exposed to and pushed to ASA 128 in development.

Bluer than blue blues, redder than red reds, greener than green greens ...

The epitaph for Kodachrome, Chris.

I always preferred either Agfa or Ektachrome 64, the latter exposed to and pushed to ASA 128 in development.
Too green greens would drive me up a wallā€¦so maybe itā€™s good thing the simulation isnā€™t perfect! It seems to recreate the blues of a desert sky perfectly, nice and saturated, but leaves everything else somewhat muted. I kind of like the sim. I believe DxO has some ektachrome sims as well, but I havenā€™t played with all of them. Iā€™ve picked a handful I really like and tweaked some settings and saved them as presets, and Kodachrome was one of them.

Back