Nature Trees

DSC06088.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

This is the 100 foot tall Sweetgum that once towered over our garage, right below our neighbors' house. We had it and the large Red Maple in the front yard removed today. Both of them had root systems that had become real problems in recent years, and we were also concerned about trees so large in close to the house. The Red Maple loss is bittersweet; we planted it when our children were very young and the tree was a sapling about 6 feet tall. We had no idea it would grow so large, and it ended up providing abundant shade for our west-facing front yard. We've spent many pleasant hours watching squirrels and birds going to and from the feeders in and near the tree, but we finally came to the reluctant conclusion that it had to go. :(

gum gone.jpg

OVI07988.JPG

Split.

OVI07985.JPG

The Jean-Claud Van Dam split?

OVI07950.JPG

Spring just around the corner, the trees come to tiny new life.

OVI07980.JPG

Among many.

OVI07984-Edit.JPG

Blooming soon.

OVI07949.JPG

Some just want to stay yellow :p

In addition to the nice images, that looks to me like a really good lens, you must be happy with that.
I do like the lens despite its (significant compared to my Tamron zooms) flaws, the mostly frustrating part is not very good close focus. But i still like to use it, 50mm is not particularly comfortable for me and that makes me try to work things differently than a 35mm or 75mm.

Back