Nature Trees

Tree covered in vines.

IMG_1071.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

😲 – have you processed these in post? I really need to take my M8 out after this April challenge.
Yes, I have, but only pretty modestly (through Polarr). I have a couple of things I do to every image, then adjust to taste; the main things are tweaking the RGB curve with additional highlight and shadow recovery. I don't know why, but the images from the M8 always are very, very easy to bring up.

Just three things to observe in my experience: Don't overdo the sharpness (ever, in my opinion), hold the contrast and saturation ...

Whitebalance is often on the warm side, so that's something to take into account as well.

M.

I really like the tones in these pictures. I've found earlier myself that I favor the tones of M8, whether the Kodak story is true or not, but the sensor in this camera is something different than today's CMOS'es.
Truth be told, I can get very similar results from the M 262 as well as the M10 - but the elegance of the M8's files is still miraculous. It's intangible, but it's there.

And yes, the warm tones are very "filmic" ...

M.

Back