Nature Trees

Fuji X-T1_01981.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

OVI03998-Pano-Edit.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

It's been quite a long time since I've tried to make gigantic panoramas using the Brenizer Method. This image is made of 48 pictures with about 25% overlap on the vertical side and 33% overlap on the horizontal side, at 180mm f 2.8. The field of view is approximately 46mm f 0.71 in effective value and 495 Megapickles Ricks. I haven't noticed any stitching errors which was a suprise to me for a first attempt (after a long time of pause and lack of practice) and using the automated Panorama stitching in Lightroom Classic CC.

I can't wait to do more, get wider field of view (35mm and wider) and shallower effective depth of field (less then f 1.0). I don't care about the raw data (megapixels) as much as I do about the perspective of the final image, going to downsize the images anyways for more manageable editing and storage. This panorama took 4 hours to stitch (the laptop mostly was stuck for hours with no real usage, I think it's some kind of bug in the process that's been there for at least 10 years, but only for larger then about 160 MP output).

Attachments

• OVI03998-Pano-Edit.JPG
    OVI03998-Pano-Edit.JPG
    665.4 KB · Views: 16
Back