Nature Trees

DSC09659-Edit-Edit.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I'm not entirely sure what your comment is about - but my goal in using this lens was to challenge myself, in using a prime, and length I probably don't shoot at much ...... I've had the Oly 12 - 100 f4 attached to the M5 Mk3 almost always since I bought it. Makes one lazy ..... :)
Chinese lenses, especially with autofocus, are like the toddlers on the photographic market (compared to giants like Europeans, Zeiss, Leica, Hassleblad, etc or Japanese, Olympus, Canon, Nikon, Sony/Minolta, Panasonic).
The community tends to be more resilient in adoption newcomers like Xiaomi, Samyang, Lowa, Irix, etc ... It can be a rarity to see them in the wild or shared in the metadata, not necessarily a bad thing.

Samsung is one of the highest profile of photographic community rejection/adoption.

Chinese lenses, especially with autofocus, are like the toddlers on the photographic market (compared to giants like Europeans, Zeiss, Leica, Hassleblad, etc or Japanese, Olympus, Canon, Nikon, Sony/Minolta, Panasonic).
The community tends to be more resilient in adoption newcomers like Xiaomi, Samyang, Lowa, Irix, etc ... It can be a rarity to see them in the wild or shared in the metadata, not necessarily a bad thing.

Samsung is one of the highest profile of photographic community rejection/adoption.

Feeling quite dense, as not sure what this means either ..... no worries though :)

I'm not entirely sure what your comment is about - but my goal in using this lens was to challenge myself, in using a prime, and length I probably don't shoot at much ...... I've had the Oly 12 - 100 f4 attached to the M5 Mk3 almost always since I bought it. Makes one lazy ..... :)
Sorry, I sort of corrected you concerning the name of the lens, but now found "XIAOYI" in the EXIF of your shot, designating the lens; just my bad ...

I really like what you're doing with it - and it seems to be a lot of fun. I can relate - medium telephoto is a very rewarding focal range; plus the lens can obviously hold its own.

M.

Sorry, I sort of corrected you concerning the name of the lens, but now found "XIAOYI" in the EXIF of your shot, designating the lens; just my bad ...

I really like what you're doing with it - and it seems to be a lot of fun. I can relate - medium telephoto is a very rewarding focal range; plus the lens can obviously hold its own.

M.

No worries .... certainly had fun with it with the flooding. One thing I've noticed, is that the camera seems slow to "talk" to it and vice versa. What I mean is that it is slow when I press the shutter button to reactivate it, and when I turn it on. However, that is nothing major .....

Back