Nature Trees

20220323-Archaeological Museum.056.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The atrium in the Archeological Museum in Athens

Tree at Lake Wakatipu in Queenstown, NZ

This image is quite sharp on my iPad as well as iMac. Don't understand why it looks so soft here. I've been noticing this with several images I've posted here recently.

Trying to work through this image posting thing. I’ve deleted the original and replaced it with one I resized myself to 1200 X 1000. Let’s see if this one works better ( I couldn’t find a test upload forum ).

1683752839669.jpeg

Edit: Yes, I think this works better. I shall modify my workflow for posting here. Thanks all for your patience.

Last edited:
Tree at Lake Wakatipu in Queenstown, NZ
View attachment 386513
This image is quite sharp on my iPad as well as iMac. Don't understand why it looks so soft here. I've been noticing this with several images I've posted here recently. Any ideas?
Uploaded file has been dramatically resized and compressed, Rob.

Here is the detail from the small circular ℹ️ to the right of the EXIF data under the image:

1683642680163.jpeg
  • Uploaded: Today at 12:31 AM
  • File Size: 324.1 KB
  • Height: 742
  • Width: 1058
This happens with images I upload directly from my tablet, but not those linked from my website.
That is:
Upload from tablet = resized and compressed.
Upload from tablet to my website, then link and embed here = no resize or compression.

Uploaded file has been dramatically resized and compressed, Rob.

Here is the detail from the small circular ℹ️ to the right of the EXIF data under the image:

1683642680163.jpeg
  • Uploaded: Today at 12:31 AM
  • File Size: 324.1 KB
  • Height: 742
  • Width: 1058
This happens with images I upload directly from my tablet, but not those linked from my website.
That is:
Upload from tablet = resized and compressed.
Upload from tablet to my website, then link and embed here = no resize or compression.
Clicking the "i" doesn't work for me as I've not yet committed to becoming a paying member. Do all images that are directly uploaded to the site get this type of resizing and compression? If I resize it myself before uploading would that make a difference? Sorry, I should probably already know this.

Edit: Went ahead and became a supporter. Now I can see the exif data. Thanks for the tip @John King

Last edited:
Clicking the "i" doesn't work for me as I've not yet committed to becoming a paying member. Do all images that are directly uploaded to the site get this type of resizing and compression? If I resize it myself before uploading would that make a difference? Sorry, I should probably already know this.
No. Only images uploaded directly from my tablet.
This doesn't happen to files directly uploaded from my computer, IIRC.
Will try direct upload from my phone, as this could be an artifact from different versions of Android.

From my phone, Android 10.

IMG_20230510_161128.jpg

Nah, phone image is also resized, but I inserted the image from my phone, and making this post from my tablet (Android 12). Xenforo is amazing (the forum software), albeit with some wrinkles.
Edit: Went ahead and became a supporter. Now I can see the exif data. Thanks for the tip @John King
You're welcome, Rob.

It's generally a great site, with the occasional exception ...

Back