TREKK TIME

pictogramax

All-Pro
Every once in a while I go trekking to enjoy the nature, clear the mind and refresh the spirit. Yesterday I was climbing the Povlen mountain, in western Serbia - it's a place where you wouldn't be surprised to stumble on some Hobbits, rich in woods and mild hills. All shot with my trusty RX100, small and light, easy to carry along with backpack, water and food. On few occasions I wished for more reach, though. I tried not to overload the post with images; those interested might want to check another few pictures in my blog post:

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

Last edited:
I've been to Serbia once. Since I had just broken my ankle before entering Serbia, and I was on my way to an emergency transport home, I couldn't enjoy the beautiful landscape much. These images show me that I should really go back one day. Wow!

Ouch! I hope everything went well in the end!
Pity you didn't had a chance to visit a bit - Serbia is small but has a very various relief and flora, so you can see different and stunning things not so far from one another.
For example, compare this, a different flavor of the south-eastern part:

full.jpg

full.jpg

And then there are lakes:

full.jpg

full.jpg

Maybe you'll get another chance to check it out? :)

Wonderful panoramas. I love the way you have captured the moving light. I was wondering how long your trek was. Thanks.

Thanks, everybody, for your gentle comments! I'm glad that images do look inviting, that was exactly what I was aiming at.

ricks,
it was a whole day's hike, we started before 7 A.M; at 10 A.M. we left the place where we had breakfast and coffee and marched to about 6.30 P.M. About 17 km of trekking, three peaks climbed, forest and field hiking in between them, with breaks on hill tops for group photos and snacks. At 8 P.M diner at hunting lodge and I was at home about 10.30 P.M. Both my soul and my memory card were full of memories :)

PJacobs,
I didn't post the images in chronological order; #7 and #8 are among the first images I took through the bus window, early morning mist makes them special.

KillRamsey,
no problem at all, we see a steady increase of tourists each year. I had some friends from Belgium and Italy this summer and they had a great time.

Back