Tribute to Amy Winehouse RIP

Firstly Will it's not a bad picture albeit Amy is some way off!

I was a fan and am saddened at the news. I was not so keen on her first album but the second was outstanding and she will be an inspiration for that alone. As for her baggage, it's sad but addicts often cannot be helped and their destructive behaviour is usually best avoided. It is a case of damage limitation until the addict either dies or sees sense and begins the journey back. Where's the logic in supporting a lost cause? Was Amy a lost cause? Only those really close to her can say for sure - the rest of us just surmise. I'll miss her, warts and all..

Thanks Norman, she was some way off and my GX100 could only zoom so far! My legs could only get me so far this time since the crush to see her was intense.

Interesting turn this thread has taken. A bit of perspective from both sides of the argument and now pretty well balanced so thanks for your comments everyone, and please rest assured don that I have not taken offence.

Will

Will, I know no offense was sent or received.
We are all friends around here. My job is to keep the peace even when I'm the trouble maker.

This is a good thread that let everyone express opinions without a battle.
Don

ps.... Will, if you have any more photos of Any my wife would love to see them. She adores her.

No more pictures but an update
No ilegal substances were found in pm tests, there was alcohol but but they didn't say how much. They still don't know the cause of death.

Just saw this thread, and I am a really big fan. Reading the discussions here, I would say that I probably would not put her amongst those I would be telling my daughters about (the ones they can emulate), but I do recognize her talent and her music.

She was a unique voice - and a very good one at that - and I'm glad we had a chance to get a taste of that, and that's what I'll teach my kids: find your talent - where you're really good at - and share it with the world. The world will be richer for it.

Back