Fuji Trip to Bath, UK

Iansky

All-Pro
Well, we ventured to Bath today and I managed to give the X100 a run at street - very happy, good to use both screen and OVF when it suited - the totally silent operation is a real benefit as well.

Afternoon_tea_BW.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Change_please_BW.jpg

Lightwork_BW.jpg

Music_man_BW.jpg

Rest_BW.jpg

The_artist_BW.jpg

The_trolley_BW.jpg

it's an impossibly photogenic place, and you were only yards from both LCE & Ace Cameras!
lovely handling of dof & exposure & lovely tones ...

Thanks all, it was a fun afternoon and the wife gave me time to do my thing while she did her shopping!!

I am really starting to like this X100 and contrary to comments from others, I am finding the AF to be more than satisfactory for street and coupled with the silent operation and auto ISO combination, I was able to set it on f4 and shoot away.

PDH - you are right, I always look in their windows and have done some business with Ace in the past as well as LCE (I purchased my GF1 from that shop 2yrs ago).

Here are some more

Coffee_BW.jpg

Choice_BW.jpg

Stone_seller_BW.jpg

The_coat_BW.jpg

Thank you all for the kind words.

Bath is a lovely place and good for street work as well as cityscapes.

I am lucky enough to have a wife who gives me the freedom to wander off and do my photography while she does her shopping bits (I always use the excuse that my little excursions are cheaper than shopping).......well once the kit has been purchased:whoo:

Ian, thanks so much for taking us along...I'd rather be with you and my camera than shopping any day! ;) I'm so happy that you're happy with your X100. Arie, is right about the key being the person behind the camera, but it's awfully nice to feel at one with the camera one's using.

I'm sorry that I arrived at thread a little late! This is great work Ian and each image has an interesting story to tell. So glad you're enjoying the X100 and you really seem to have a way with it. Judging by your composition you have really gotten into the scene with the subjects - and some are well within their comfort zones. So hats off to you for your street style.

Excellent PP too by the way. Nice balanced tones.

Very keen to see more!

Great stuff. I am not brave enough to do 'street' - not sure really how I feel about intruding on others' space. Mind you, looks like nobody even noticed you were there!

However, how could you? Leave the wife to cope with shopping on her own whilst you had such fun? Hmn ....

Lee

Sapphie, you will be pleased to hear that the shopping my wife had to cope with was purely for her - clothes..............I hope I am excused as there are only so many ways to tell her she looks "good in that".

Better to let her discuss it with herself that way I don't get blamed if she doesn't like it later......................joking!!

Nikki - don't ponder and in the words of Nike - "Just do it" - it is a great camera and I am sure you would not regret it - let me know how you get on and if you do take the plunge.

Good luck,
Ian

Back