True street thread

nice work spiny. How was was there no street thread yet?!
We need more image threads people. And I'm temporarily between X's so I can't really help out. Start sharing your images people. There's only so much that needs to be said about these cameras. And a picture is worth a thousand words.

I'm laughing, Karen!

"Street photography" has so many slightly different meanings, I think. I've always hesitated to post things in these threads probably due to feeling that I am anything but a "street photographer". But one person's "street" is not another's...or perhaps there are many roads to travel?

So here I go - with my X100 from a while ago.

6012220351_7f4010b436_b.jpg

Less active street

Wow, some really nice graphical street shots here that you can almost feel yourself being there in person.....they clearly demonstrate the skill set of members coupled with their great powers of observation and ability to capture the moment.

I tend to shoot more documentary street than action street but still love it and for me, the X100 is a great street camera that sits along my other street machine (Pany GX1+25mm f1.4).

It is great to see that there are still a growing number of street shooters out there who enjoy the challenge and produce the goods.....this site is definately going in the right direction!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Fabulous pics and great thread. I've always wanted to do more street photography with people but hesitated doing so because of people's privacy. How do y'all deal with that? Anyway, I will try to select some tomorrow.
Peter

Maybe a dumb name,I confess,but amazing pics already.This thread should include whatever "street" means to you.Iansky,whatever you call it, your a master.BBW,Luke, your postings are wonderful street shots.Everyone has something shot candidly that captures a moment in time that will never be repeated.Let us enjoy them!
pniev,public places are just that.You can shoot in public as much as you want.You set your own comfort level.Like anything,it gets easier with practice.
Briar,I think it would be easier to define "False street" than true street!,LOL!
Luke,if street literally means you need to be outside on the street,I violated the rule with my last post.I like a very loose interpretation of the category better.Btw,your snow shot has such an immediacy to it.That pic defines street for me.

pniev,public places are just that.You can shoot in public as much as you want.You set your own comfort level.Like anything,it gets easier with practice.

Thanks! Here are some examples taken with X10. Not as rich and good as other pics, I'm afraid but they bring back good memories to me. ;-)
Peter

Singing in Brittany:
2012-Normandie-018-Edit-XL.jpg

Passing by:
2012-Normandie-020-Edit-XL.jpg

Who needs buyers when you have onions?
2012-Normandie-028-Edit-XL.jpg

Boys and toys:
2012-Normandie-258-Edit-XL.jpg

What is he thinking?
2012-Normandie-154-Edit-XL.jpg

Making coffee in Manhattan:
DSCF0181-Edit-XL.jpg

Shoes in Manhattan:
DSCF0216-Edit-XL.jpg

pniev,Those are wonderful shots,all of them.You don't have to get in anyone's face to shoot true street.In fact,by stepping back and taking in the surroundings,you can paint a richer picture,so to speak.
Bty,I just validated my thread title!true street haha!

Back