125.9 KB · Views: 257
  • _DSF0710.jpg
    _DSF0710.jpg
    356.6 KB · Views: 142
  • _DSF0744.jpg
    _DSF0744.jpg
    290.4 KB · Views: 147
OMG! Details please!

The traffic on one side of my road is always heavy. Our house is close to a crossroads that lead to all the nearby major cities so I'm sure you can imagine. On this particular day traffic was backed up as usual. I was lying on the bed reading when I heard screaming and shouts of "oh my god,the cars on fire". I looked out of the window and I can see this person's car bonnet is up and a fire that looks to have started inside the car. I don't know much about cars but I'm assuming the car engine overheated. At this point the road was pretty much deserted except for the car in front which had moved further up the road, and a trucker behind who had moved much further back away from the burning vehicle.

As time went on the car continued to burn. Before long the whole thing was ablaze and the caravan it was towing had caught fire too. Gas canisters began to spew out of and onto the road. They too were on fire and making strange noises. I stuck my camera out of the window and snapped away, getting ready to duck if anything went off in my general direction. The noise was the most fearsome thing!
I took some video footage but I had the window shut at the time because I genuinely thought there was going to be one big explosion and shrapnel might shoot in my general direction.

When the fire brigade showed up, both vehicles were well and truly fried and the fire had spread to the nearby trees and fence.

No one was hurt.

What was funny though was the guy came back for his car (with his wife) and it looked like he tried the ignition to see if the car would start!
It didn't.

Back