Manual Lens TTArtisan 100mm f 2.8 Macro 2x Tilt-Shift

L0n3Gr3yW0lf

Hall of Famer
Name
Ovi
Still testing out this new lens.

1000009333.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Tried out the Shift ability, while only 8° in each direction, it gave me approximately 56 MP in 1:1 format out of my 32 MP sensor in panorama stitching, not bad but not great. I was shooting handheld ao the alignment is not perfect all around but it was easily doable.

1000009327.jpg

Tried the Shift and Tilt function, for Tilt you get only 6° but it can still bring out great effect from Macro to Landscape (infinity). The focus point was on the inside door of th church and the Tilt fell very slimly on the the door. I used only the 0 Shift and -8 Shift because I missed the focus on the +8 Shift image and it wouldn't have worked in panorama stitching.

I would love to try this effect with a different subject.

1000009332.jpg

Another panorama stitching and it's so easy to get the result. I didn't focus very well on the tall street lamp (I am shooting at f 2.8 and the focus ring is very narrow at 100° and so heavily dampened it takes my entire left hand to make it move). I also Tilted the image to increase the perception of "walled vision".

1000009335.jpg

Turned it in B&W because if the noise, only Shifted horizontally.

1000009334.jpg

Things got interesting trying portraits at home. Vertically Tilting to get her entire face in PoF (Plane of Focus) but her head was slightly skewed to the right side and her left eye was out of focus.

1000009328.jpg

Horizontal Tilting to try and keep both eyes in PoF but the ears and nose significantly out of focus.

1000009325.jpg

I think this will be a very interesting lens to play with for portraits. Just need to get used to the bits and knobs (literally).

1000009324.jpg

Still testing out this new lens.

View attachment 417157
Tried out the Shift ability, while only 8° in each direction, it gave me approximately 56 MP in 1:1 format out of my 32 MP sensor in panorama stitching, not bad but not great. I was shooting handheld ao the alignment is not perfect all around but it was easily doable.

View attachment 417158
Tried the Shift and Tilt function, for Tilt you get only 6° but it can still bring out great effect from Macro to Landscape (infinity). The focus point was on the inside door of th church and the Tilt fell very slimly on the the door. I used only the 0 Shift and -8 Shift because I missed the focus on the +8 Shift image and it wouldn't have worked in panorama stitching.

I would love to try this effect with a different subject.

View attachment 417160
Another panorama stitching and it's so easy to get the result. I didn't focus very well on the tall street lamp (I am shooting at f 2.8 and the focus ring is very narrow at 100° and so heavily dampened it takes my entire left hand to make it move). I also Tilted the image to increase the perception of "walled vision".

View attachment 417162
Turned it in B&W because if the noise, only Shifted horizontally.

View attachment 417163
Things got interesting trying portraits at home. Vertically Tilting to get her entire face in PoF (Plane of Focus) but her head was slightly skewed to the right side and her left eye was out of focus.

View attachment 417164
Horizontal Tilting to try and keep both eyes in PoF but the ears and nose significantly out of focus.

View attachment 417165
I think this will be a very interesting lens to play with for portraits. Just need to get used to the bits and knobs (literally).

View attachment 417167
Cool! I've wanted to try one of these ever since taking a picture of my guitar at the "right" angle but hardly anything was in focus. Not worth getting a whole lens just for that lol.

Super cute dog BTW!

Back