Leica TTArtisan to announce a 50mm f/1.4 M-mount lens!

Jonathan F/2

Top Veteran
Aug 21, 2011
Los Angeles, USA

serhan

Hall of Famer
May 7, 2011
NYC
Are you buying? Size is similar to Zony 55mm. The photos looks good... A little softer on color ones (maybe wide open) vs B&W portraits stopped down.... It looks like SA might be the reason which is similar to CV 1.2 lenses but with less fringing on this one...

Jonathan F/2

Top Veteran
Aug 21, 2011
Los Angeles, USA
Are you buying? Size is similar to Zony 55mm. The photos looks good... A little softer on color ones (maybe wide open) vs B&W portraits stopped down.... It looks like SA might be the reason which is similar to CV 1.2 lenses but with less fringing on this one...
I'm tempted. I like how RF lenses render compared to more traditional lens designs. I don't have an M-mount body, so I'll be adapting it to my Sony bodies plus Techart adapter. The price is also attractive if it's a decent performer. TTArtisan lenses also don't seem as dreamy as 7Artisan glass. They approach their lenses differently despite having similar names!

BrianS

Legend
Jul 7, 2010
I wonder how it compares with the Voigtlander 50/1.5 Nokton. I paid about the same for mine in LTM, used and near mint condition.
I believe that is the lens to compare with this one. Different optical design, the Nokton being more of a traditional Double-Gauss with an aspheric element.

This new lens looks like it starts out as a Double-Gauss and adds elements for field corrections. Will be interesting to read some test reports.

The 7Art 50/1.1 is a Sonnar, basically the Zunow 5cm F1.1 of the 1950s reincarnated with modern coatings instead of glass fillers. I go for the Noktons went I want well-behaved. With a Sonnar- never comes out the same way twice.

mike3996

Hall of Famer
Apr 2, 2018
Finland
A great thing about these Chinese lenses is how they supply good tools, and make it accessible to adjust the focus yourself. Would be wonderful if Zeiss and Voigtländer and Leica for that matter made it equally easy and accessible.

akuiper

Regular
Dec 6, 2019
Results as given in Flickr look very good on the M10-Monochrome. Great for portrait, I see no hectic shift in sharpness. And in the pictures the detail contrast stopped down like the EXIF says, to 2.8 or 3.2 - is very good too.
The mTF charts look good. I say, great. As such, it betters my Summicron (pre-), often said to be the sharpest lens ever for 35mm

So - yes, high class, I was looking at a used Summilux V1 @ 500,- but I'm afraid I will put my money here . . They are not killing Leica but the second hand market :drinks:

Only big uncertainty is quality of focus; (tools given to amateurs lead to disaster ) and the Leica Rumors guy > a year ago had quite some effort in finding the perfect adjustment for a .95 lens, he wrote as I remember.

Haven't found the details - does it come with the 6-bit code (pre-filled in)?
And is that coded as the R-adapter and not as Summilux [naughty me - I looked at the EXIF of the sample shots on the M10-Monochrome - it said F2.8 & coded as R-adapter X-1000, so the sample pictures might not be genuine ... :wtf:)
Was a version with a mount for another camera used?

Attachments

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom