Fuji *Turn 360°* Kipon Tilt & Shift Adapter - Who knows something?

fujidanny

Regular
Hi,
does anybody knows or even uses the *Turn 360°* Kipon Tilt & Shift Adapter. I'm interested in architecture and wanted to know, wether the adapter is suitable for perspective correction.
Thank You for your feedback!
Fujidanny

Received my adapter today. Built really well. Very solid. Getting it on and clicked into place was tricky as the rotating base kept turning on me until I found a suitable technique. The clearance between the lens release button and the base of the adapter is tight. Taking the adapter off the body was a bit trickier as again the base rotates and its hard to get it disengaged from the mount. The solution is to remove the mounted lens and reach inside with your thumb to just above the sensor and press there with your thumb to prevent that piece from rotating so that the adapter will come off the camera. Same thing in reverse to mount it.
Didn't take anything but a few quick test shots with my Nikkor 50mm f/1.2. Nothing worth posting. I'm busy tomorrow all day but hoping to get out on Wednesday and do some shooting with the adapter. I'll try to post pics taken with the adapter by the end of this week. I'm also going to try and put together a quick video on how to mount and unmount the adapter to the body but I need both the time to shoot and worse the time to edit the video, maybe by the end of the month for that one.
Cheers

Here are some samples I shot with the adapter and my Nikkor 50mm f/1.2 AIS lens.
First up an example of a straight shot at f/2.0
8745018522_4b1aa74684_b.jpg

Next I tilted the lens via adapter to get the focus plane to form a wedge of focus in the scene. Still at f/2.0

8745017950_113783f4a6_b.jpg

If I had been shooting at f/4 or 5.6 most of the frame would have been sharp but I wanted to show the concept of expanded depth of field.

Next I went the other way and used the tilt function to make a shallow wedge of focus in the shots:

8743900989_f9a425e84d_b.jpg

8743900393_e2881dfc7f_b.jpg

8744986796_c0278a990b_b.jpg

Didn't get a chance to do any outdoor shooting as we got rained out and decided on the museum instead. More to come.

Back