Nikon Turns out I'm a bit of a bokeh whore - who knew?!?!?!

Oops sorry to keep posting on an older thread, it was just where we last spoke :)
Oh no, I didn't mean it like that - no problem with posting to it. I just didn't want to keep posting images to it indefinitely. I usually post to an existing Nikon DF thread or to a topic specific image thread. Although, come to think of it, I might have to post a few bokeh shots from the 105 f2.5 Sonnar here - because that's an insanely nice bokeh lens...

-Ray

A few from the new (to me) old (around 1971 or 72) Nikon 105 P f2.5, which is a Sonnar design. Since I got rid of the RX1, this is my first Sonnar lens. I loved that one, I love this one, although differently given the vastly different focal length. This doesn't have the amazing clarity and micro-contrast (or probably edge to edge sharpness) of the Zeiss 100 MP it replaces in my quiver, but it's got it's own beautiful rendering, is about half the size and weight, was less than 10% of the cost, and is an all-around more appropriate lens for me to cover this focal length. And gorgeous bokeh! I'm a bit under the weather so these are all around home...

23265303119_58df235362_b.jpg
105 Sonnar-41-Edit
by Ray, on Flickr

23337546970_fd78fd1ce7_h.jpg
105 Sonnar-29-Edit
by Ray, on Flickr

23265307729_5f17c71b2c_b.jpg
105 Sonnar-51-Edit
by Ray, on Flickr

23633257935_a09e5e58a6_b.jpg
105 Sonnar-64-Edit
by Ray, on Flickr

-Ray

Beautiful, creamy images.. I'm glad that you found a lens that you like and sorry that you're feeling under the weather.
That last image, I had to study it for a moment, then I realized it was a guitar and it looks like you have it hanging off a desk.
If you have a link to the DF you post on that'd be great. I looked but wasn't sure where to look. Just haven't been on enough and it looks like more med bills will be eating my new lenses (going back). Still have my little 50 though :)

Beautiful, creamy images.. I'm glad that you found a lens that you like and sorry that you're feeling under the weather.
That last image, I had to study it for a moment, then I realized it was a guitar and it looks like you have it hanging off a desk.
If you have a link to the DF you post on that'd be great. I looked but wasn't sure where to look. Just haven't been on enough and it looks like more med bills will be eating my new lenses (going back). Still have my little 50 though :)
Thanks Kristin. Yeah, it's the back of one of my guitar's headstock area, with the tuning machines and you can see the cheap little blue electronic tuner clipped onto it. It hangs from the side of a bookshelf. I have another hanging on a wall across the room...

There's an ongoing thread of Nikon DF photos that various DF owners post to somewhat regularly. Not the busiest part of the forum, but not the sleepiest either...

Post Nikon Df Photos

I'm sorry to hear that med bills are such a burden right now - I hope it's towards a good outcome. My under the weather is just a basic cold, which wipes me out more than some due to really bad sinuses and lungs, but still just a matter of days and sometimes meds...

-Ray

Last edited:
I like Bokeh as well, but this one was taken with a D800.
DSC_4608_Gulls.jpg

Greetings

Ray, Now that Pentax has a full frame, I'm seriously considering it an the FA31 lens. I've shot the FA31 on their crop cameras and it had beautiful bokeh. With the crop mode I'd have a 31mm and a 46mm. That lens and the FA77 and I would have all the primes I need. Physically they are beautiful lenses too.

You mentioned the Nikon 58. There is a Sony that was 135mm f/2.8 that was designed for portraits too and it is a stunner.

Back