Leica Ultron 21mm f1.8 near tragedy

rflove

Veteran
Jul 13, 2014

So I just got my Voigtlander Ultron 21mm f1.8 in the mail and immediately mounted it on the M240 and captured an image outside my window. I had seen images from this lens before captured by a friend and I thought it was a brilliant lens.

Anyway I captured 3 images and when I dismounted the camera from my tripod, my butter fingers failed me and the thing dropped from about 1.3 meters onto the wood floor of my flat :p

The lens hood left a big gouge in the floor and I thought the lens or camera or both were surely damaged... I've looked at them and they appear to be undamaged! I'll take a couple of more shots to see, but here is the first shot I took with it tonight

rflove

Veteran
Jul 13, 2014
After dropping the camera & lens I tried again and got these images.... I think I dodged the proverbial bullet :)

Mr_Flibble

Top Veteran
Aug 16, 2013
The Lowlands
Rick
Or a concrete pavement test :eek-9:

My heart skipped a few beats when my M-E did a slow tumble from my sausage fingers onto the grass. :(

Raid

All-Pro
Dec 15, 2011
I have not used any of my RF cameras with a tripod so far. I always viewed SLR and MF cameras for possible use with a tripod, but RF cameras were meant for quick, handheld photography. I can see why you need a tripod with night photography!

BrianS

Legend
Jul 7, 2010
Ebay- worst I ever had, "I have not tested this camera, but see no reason why it will not work perfectly".

100% true. It had been in a fire and the insides were melted. But you could not see the damage from the outside.

Latest threads

Top Bottom