Unable to add a photo to a post

grebeman

Old Codgers Group
Having cured the problem with uploading a photograph to the gallery there now appears to be a problem with adding a photo in the gallery to a post. In attempting to do this the following error message has appeared "Photo Popup Error #2: missing config file"

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Barrie

this is rather curious, as I successfully added a photograph to the gallery and then added it to a thread without error a couple of hours after your OP, Barrie.

intermittent faults are the bane of those trying to correct them, so I hope Amin is feeling patient ...

Paul,

I was well used to trying to find intermittent faults during my working career, however for me this is not an intermittent fault, I have tried several times at varying intervals, including 2 minutes ago, and the result is consistent, a failure to bring up the pop up window containing my gallery images, replaced with a message about a missing config file together with further detailed information.

Barrie

Me too Barrie, I spent a lot of time in chilly server rooms watching traces and trying to track down such failures.
I understand it is not intermittent for you, but it is intermittent in the sense that not everyone is experiencing the same issue while doing the same things.

I've identified the problem and will be able to fix it tonight after work. In the meanwhile, if you are viewing an image in the gallery, to the right of it you will see a section that says "Additional info" and in that section there is code for "Linked Image". If you copy that code and paste it in your post, it will display correctly.

I've identified the problem and will be able to fix it tonight after work. In the meanwhile, if you are viewing an image in the gallery, to the right of it you will see a section that says "Additional info" and in that section there is code for "Linked Image". If you copy that code and paste it in your post, it will display correctly.

Thanks. That works.

I found a way to put back the My Photos button (now located in bottom left corner of reply box), but it doesn't seem to always work. Sometimes I select the image, and it won't insert into my post unless I close the reply box, re-open it, and try a second time. For now, it's the best I can manage. Otherwise, the alternative is copying the BBcode from the gallery and pasting it into the post.

Back