Software Update news from DxO including Nik.

bilzmale

Super Moderator Emeritus
Jul 17, 2010
Perth, Western Australia
Bill Shinnick
I downloaded the trial and was disappointed first because at initial impression they do not seem much 'improved'; secondly they do not have a stand-alone UI (yes you can run them as .exe files); and thirdly they do not run as plugins for DxO Photolab. I no longer have Adobe products. I won't be buying as I still have my pricey Nik versions.

Jan 31, 2011
Newcastle, Australia
Sue
Likewise. The thing for me is that I won't be updating my MacOS to the latest version (I havent even gone to High Sierra)... as an ex-fangirl I no longer see a reason to update OS when what I currently use is still getting security (and other) updates. So Nik as I have it will still keep working. It occurred to me, though, that apart from occasionally using Viveza, I rarely bother. I tend to use the Skylum products including the creative suite which is similar to Nik anyway. And there is a shedload of other plugins out there for Photos, since I no longer use Adobe products. I'd be chucking the money away.

Plaatje

Veteran
Oct 20, 2014
Maybe you worry to much. I use the latest update from Apple and everything, including NIK, works fine. But of course you might have other reasons not to update.

Jan 31, 2011
Newcastle, Australia
Sue
Maybe you worry to much. I use the latest update from Apple and everything, including NIK, works fine. But of course you might have other reasons not to update.
LOL. I dont fail to update because my Nik might not work, its more about the changes to the file system. I'm not prepared to update for that reason and everywhere I look I see people having problems. Given that my hardware is old, I just dont want to risk having issues. So far, there isnt anything I am missing out on.

Plaatje

Veteran
Oct 20, 2014
LOL. I dont fail to update because my Nik might not work, its more about the changes to the file system. I'm not prepared to update for that reason and everywhere I look I see people having problems. Given that my hardware is old, I just dont want to risk having issues. So far, there isnt anything I am missing out on.
So you didn’t worry too much, but I.

theoldsmithy

Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2013
Cheshire, England
Martin Connolly
Am I missing something somewhere? DXO just sent me another email pushing the new version. It says "now compatible with Lightroom CC" and "compatible with 64-bit MacOS". But the old (free) version still works perfectly with LRCC (latest update) and MacOS HighSierra. So are they just spreading FUD or is there really a difference?

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom