Software Update news from DxO including Nik.

I downloaded the trial and was disappointed first because at initial impression they do not seem much 'improved'; secondly they do not have a stand-alone UI (yes you can run them as .exe files); and thirdly they do not run as plugins for DxO Photolab. I no longer have Adobe products. I won't be buying as I still have my pricey Nik versions.

Likewise. The thing for me is that I won't be updating my MacOS to the latest version (I havent even gone to High Sierra)... as an ex-fangirl I no longer see a reason to update OS when what I currently use is still getting security (and other) updates. So Nik as I have it will still keep working. It occurred to me, though, that apart from occasionally using Viveza, I rarely bother. I tend to use the Skylum products including the creative suite which is similar to Nik anyway. And there is a shedload of other plugins out there for Photos, since I no longer use Adobe products. I'd be chucking the money away.

Maybe you worry to much. I use the latest update from Apple and everything, including NIK, works fine. But of course you might have other reasons not to update.

Maybe you worry to much. I use the latest update from Apple and everything, including NIK, works fine. But of course you might have other reasons not to update.

LOL. I dont fail to update because my Nik might not work, its more about the changes to the file system. I'm not prepared to update for that reason and everywhere I look I see people having problems. Given that my hardware is old, I just dont want to risk having issues. So far, there isnt anything I am missing out on.

LOL. I dont fail to update because my Nik might not work, its more about the changes to the file system. I'm not prepared to update for that reason and everywhere I look I see people having problems. Given that my hardware is old, I just dont want to risk having issues. So far, there isnt anything I am missing out on.
So you didn’t worry too much, but I.

Am I missing something somewhere? DXO just sent me another email pushing the new version. It says "now compatible with Lightroom CC" and "compatible with 64-bit MacOS". But the old (free) version still works perfectly with LRCC (latest update) and MacOS HighSierra. So are they just spreading FUD or is there really a difference?

Back