Update of yourself

Busy here on the farm cutting down and dragging some trees that have died from last years drought and this years storms. Pleading my case with my wife why I need the 16-50 F2.8 Sony lens for my A77 so I can shoot better pics at this years Boo Benefit in Jefferson and getting ready to teach charcoal drawing class at Mineola League of the Arts in the pretty little east Texas town of Mineola.

Shooting at coyotes that are coming out in the daylight now that it's a little cooler. They can't help themselves, I know, but it's them or my chickens. Coyotes are so reviled around these parts because they are greedy. They will come in and kill as many chickens as time allows, then gather what they can and run off. It's interesting because I will sometimes see two of them together and one will stop at the back fence and tell the other, don't do it. That guy is crazy and will shoot at you and the other ignores him then he gets dispatched on to where ever a coyote might go when he gets within range of my 12 gauge. Had a broad tailed hawk swoop down last week right in front of me and rip the neck out of a duck I've had for about two years. That was hard to watch and not be able to do anything about it as he was quick and deadly, swooping down, ripping most of the meat out of my duck's neck, and then seeing me, flew off.

Hawks are federally protected so he did not have anything to worry about. You can't even have a feather in your possession, much less shoot them. But you can scare them so now I carry my shotgun most of the time outdoors. It's a pain and it's heavy but you never know.

in the 5 years we've been watching it, it has remained the same size. So hopefully it's just routine.

Luke, as the others have said already, here's another wish to you and your wife for a lifetime of just routine visits. There is also a Mayo clinic branch here in Phoenix, so if you two ever need an excuse to visit the Southwest (avoiding the summer, of course), you could potentially arrange for one of your routine trips this direction in the future and make it a real vacation afterwards...

Have a good visit in Rochester.

I am off to Brighton (the UK version) next weekend to cover the Gay Pride festival. Will make some interesting street shooting. Just back from a week vacation on the south coast.....rain held off until day before we came home. Parkinson's has upped the ante somewhat. Dragging my feet like leaden lumps, numbness from soles of feet up and over ankles. Left hand tremor permanent. Thank god for tripods and a steadier right hand.

Been retired since march this year. Itching to maybe go back to work. 'togging just ain't enough.

Saving hard for trip to Aus' next June/July.

Working on a backyard BBQ. Carne Asada, Sangria (limes, oranges, lemons, raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, blackberries from the yard), tomato salad (all fresh from the yard), herbs, avocados, peppers all from the yard. (BTW - Yes, I'm bragging, lol.)

G

Hmmm...

Being the dad of a distractible, precocious nine year old keeps me pretty busy. Got a new job at the university where I work...it's pretty boring and not at all what I want to spend my time doing but it's better than no job. Coming up is the 10th anniversary of me being cancer free so I plan to celebrate a bit on September 5th. Looking forward to going to Panama over the winter (but it might get pushed back a bit because my wife started a new job in July and she may not have enough vacation by then).

Luke...here's to many more routine visits.:2thumbs:

@Luke. Great to hear that it's all good mate.

@olli. Anyone Arsenal is an awfull fantasy league buy IMO as is anyone from my team, West Ham United !!! Michu from Swansea is my pick for 'bargain buy' of the season.

I've been updating myself too. Recently finished 3 years of night classes at University and busy these days finishing off my resume. After 18 hard years as a carpenter I've decided that I need a change (my body decided that for me) so I hope to at some point begin interviewing for a site safety managers role.
Not much time to shoot as a result but resume almost complete so hope to get some shooting time in next weekend. Went for a quick session into town yesterday but didn't come back with anything useful. Been contemplating lately either the Oly12mm or the Nokton17.5mm as I've been frustrated using AF for street....those 2 lenses may open up for me a new way to shoot.

Trees are beginning to blossom here in Melbourne and our days are slowly getting longer, mother natures beautiful cycle will shortly bring us into Spring and warmer days.

Back