Update of yourself

Herman

The Image Stimulator
Name
Herman
My update:
Good morning from a rainy Ootmarsum (Netherlands). All eyes remain focussed on the sky.
There's hope, weather will improve tomorrow, wow!
Guys who love motorsports, watch SBK on eurosport today, live broadcasted, match 1 and 2.
Will post pictures here after uploading them to minus.
Streetshooting with a DP2: forget it.
I feel the need for a very fast AF camera with a wide angle lens, I like to start photographing from the hip, without framing, just activating the trigger.
Any suggestions, maybe Sony nex?
Update yourself NOW! Thanks, have fun, put a smile on your pretty face.

Actually I want to shoot without having a watch on the back screen of camera.

Also possible.. you can turn it around, and shut off the EVF..works fine..

My Update : because it's also raining overhere, i'm trying to work on some spicy percussion lines for a song, and in between, walking the dogs and doing some cleaning up in our home.. and visit some forums !!

SAM-2118.jpg

My update:

Cooler in Washington these days - mid 80's (they use F here) rather than high 90's but even more humid. So, not very much photography for me.

Reading books instead. Just bought one at the National Gallery: Street photography from Atget to Cartier-Bresson by CLive Scott. Also got the Street Photography Now book from the library and yesterday picked up one on 20th C Hungarian photography.

Also playing with my newly acquired Google/Asus Nexus tab - dragging myself kicking and screaming into the 21st C.

Biggest concern at the moment is my terrible start in the Premiership[ Fantasy Football league. Just finished watching another Arsenal 0-0 draw and wondering if Podolski was a big mistake.

Herman, I'm jealous of your rain - right now I would love a nice cool downpour.

Man City up next - go Yaya!!

Been damn hot here, nothing to complain really, but one does feel drained sometimes. Just decided to feel good and got a voigtlander 50 f1.1 along with a bargain nex 5N body. Goes well together with the rx100 in a (not so small) pouch.

The kit zoom isn't so good wide open but I've had a lot of pleasure with it, very light, stealth except for shutter noise. I just leave the nokton lens on the nex and take the rx100 for all else, shall probably complement it with the sony zeiss 24mm f1.8 for real low light work where the nokt is too narrow.

Cheers.

I have a visit to the Mayo clinic planned for Monday and hopefully I'll get to do a bit of photography around lovely Rochester, MN. Maybe I'll pull off the road somewhere in western Wisconsin and see if I can conjure up a krugorg-esque decaying farm shot.

I really really want to make a cheap mayonnaise joke, but feel I ought to ask and make sure it's nothing serious Luke?

I made sure to capitalize it, Paul.....your mayonaise jokes are legendary around these parts.

I go there once a year for them to measure an aneurysm right next to one of my kidneys. Normally, they would just repair it, but it's so close to the kidney that they would have to remove the kidney, put it on ice, then repair the artery and re-insert the kidney. That is the surgery we try to avoid for obvious reasons, but if the aneurysm gets bigger and looks like it will rupture, then you let the surgeons do what they are trained to do.

So it's serious enough, but in the 5 years we've been watching it, it has remained the same size. So hopefully it's just routine. But whatever will be, will be. My wife and I pretend that we're just taking a couple day vacation to this cute little Minnesota town. We bring the dogs and go out for nice dinners. Here's a shot I took a few years back that I quite like. I may try to improve upon it now that hopefully I'm a little better photographer.

View attachment 58010
Mayo clinic reflections by Lukinosity, on Flickr

hmm. Having had "keyhole" surgery to remove a kidney stone earlier this year, the post-op discomfort was not to be trifled with ... what a procedure like that would be like doesn't bear thinking about so I'm with Gary and hope it stays all in one piece.

I am gearing up for the DNC in Charlotte. I do not have credentials so it will be around the fringes where all the protest action is happening. It should be a great time for journalistic style street photography. We shall see which camera I find myself favoring during those five days (Sunday-Thursday). And I am back to school (teaching) with a fresh crop of college students so eager to learn (yes, Sheldon, that is sarcasm).

[PS to Luke, our prayer are with you.]

Back