Fuji Updated Fuji Lens Roadmap Posted

Amin

Hall of Famer
14545917120_1823415497_b.jpg

[via DPR]

Gaaah that 16 f1.4... I love the optics on the 14 very, very much, as do I love the clutch focus. But I honestly find myself missing the 2 stops when the sun goes down. I can't sell the 14, I'm one of those people who never sell stuff. Dammit.

The 16mm f1.4 will be very exciting. Hard to gests glass that wide and that fast, especially with the Fuji quality we can expect. Pretty disappointing the 90mm F2 doesn't have O.I.S. though - that already made the 56mm a little problematic for low light compared to the M4/3 options I was used to.

The 90mm could have OIS if people wrote to Fuji demanding it.

Personally, I'm even more disappointed with the lack of OIS in the new 16-50mm zoom. I will try to change Fuji's mind here, too. So should you.

Not really, I am sure they thought that both lenses were fast enough to not need OIS

While the 16-55 is a constant 2.8, it's the same a aperture at the wide end and only 1 stop faster than the 18-55 at the tele end. If the 18-55 is supposed to offer 4 stops worth of OIS, that's a 4-stop advantage on the wide end and a 3-stop advantage on the tele end. Not to mention that the 16-55 is rather hefty. To me, OIS should be a no-brainier.

A MAJOR FAIL on Fuji's part IMO.

Back