Fuji Upgrading to X20 first

I know this isn't a geography thread, but you're all so close to home I can't resist...

I live in New Rochelle, my sister lives in Danbury, I know Kent (well, Kent Falls park anyway), I'm in Rye and Larchmont and Mamaroneck all the time. Here's an album just shot a few days ago on Mamaroneck Ave in White Plains, including a show about the history of boats and boating along the Sound Shore and Hudson Valley.

Howdy neighbors!

Back on topic: Definitely picking up a new X20 on release day to complement my wonderful X100. Need a longer lens for 20% of the travel photos, I'm going to Cuba in April, entirely based on the quality of my recently acquired second-hand X100.

--Adam

Adam, mea culpa! I almost missed this - we are practically neighbors...at least for a few more months. ;-) It's a small world via the Internet. Just another aside here - if you want to be as specific or as general about your geographical location you can edit your profile under Settings (see the upper right corner). It's kind of handy to know where someone is writing from...that said, I realize not everyone may choose to.

Now back to the X20. Truth be told, I have not been keeping up with the latest details on this camera... Tell me why I'd love it so much more than my X10?:wink_old: And as for skies with clouds...I really haven't run into any problems, though I am sure there must be certain situations where they're difficult or people wouldn't be complaining.

Adam, mea culpa! I almost missed this - we are practically neighbors...at least for a few more months. ;-) It's a small world via the Internet. Just another aside here - if you want to be as specific or as general about your geographical location you can edit your profile under Settings (see the upper right corner). It's kind of handy to know where someone is writing from...that said, I realize not everyone may choose to.

Now back to the X20. Truth be told, I have not been keeping up with the latest details on this camera... Tell me why I'd love it so much more than my X10?:wink_old: And as for skies with clouds...I really haven't run into any problems, though I am sure there must be certain situations where they're difficult or people wouldn't be complaining.

Who can say if the X20 is an improvement over the X10? Right now it's all promised numbers and specs, only pre-production sample photos to review online. My only Fuji now is the X100 but I want (need?) a longer reach for those few shots I can't accomplish by manual (foot) zooming. I confess that I am conflicted about choices (who isn't), like maybe an X-E1 with the 18-55 would be a better investment, but it's bigger than the X20 and the zoom has less reach, but the sensor is so much better and they're discounted now, but I don't want another whole system of lenses to store, or the lure of vintage film lenses with adapters, and the X20 looks really sharp, but it doesn't handle skies so well, or maybe it does... there's my mental state in a nutshell, and it just keeps swirling like that. Oh right - the X100s comes out soon too, better resolution and no SAB worries, but new challenges for a different v1.0 firmware. Yeah, it's ugly in here.

True, true...that is why I continue to vacillate and tell myself to be happy as I am and bide my time. Strictly from a personal point of view, I should just "stay put" until we make our move to the country and get all our major expense$ under control.:026:

That said, I do like to read about all of the changes and get vicarious pleasure from others' acquisitions!

Back