Leica Upload Photo button functionality temporarily changed

Amin

Hall of Famer
The new version of Firefox interferes with the way our "Upload a Photo" button works using Flash to allow multiple uploads.

Since a large minority of our members use Firefox, I had to temporarily disable this use of Flash on the site until I can find a workaround. Sorry for any inconvenience!

This means that the button will only upload one image at a time for now. You can ignore the file dimension limits in the upload prompt. Our site will continue to resize images as needed if they are above those limits.

The next version of Xenforo (forum software) is going to use an HTML5 uploader, so hopefully these Flash-related problems will solved for good.

Apparently the new XenForo version includes:

"Workaround a Firefox bug where the Flash uploader shows as an opaque white box."

So I have reverted that button's function. This should only affect members who are using Flash.

I had to disable bulk upload again as more and more members are having problems related to Flash.

Forum software has been changed to use HTML5 (instead of Flash) for the uploader. So bulk uploads should be back and better than ever. Let me know if any problems!

Back