Urban/Civilisation Decay

Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

You seem to have a lot of derelict urban structures in your area. I've never looked into the Urbex genre, but the processing of your images gives everything a "days gone by" vibe.
Thank you, Tony. We definitely have lots of derelict structures in NE Ohio. However, they are disappearing at a rapid rate.....a good thing overall, but maybe not for Urbex shooters, such as myself.

I recently photographed the demolition of several industrial buildings I’ve been shooting the past couple of years. I’ll be posting some of these photos soon. Time marches on.

49829280692_7a1afff5bd_h.jpg

Serreméjan - Chemin de Stevenson-2018-D7- 21
by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

This pile of rocks is a reminder of what was once the hamlet of Serreméjan. There was not even signage to remember the hamlet, but it is still marked on IGN Carte de Randonnée map, 2738 E La Bastide-Puylaurent at least.

The impact of employment opportunities in the towns and cities in the 19th and 20th century caused a drift away from the countryside and such hamlets as this one and hence the hard and primitive rustic life of isolated rural areas became untenable.

This was also evidenced in many of the other hamlets and villages we walked through but not to the same extent as yet.

It was sad as living in these hamlets looked so appealing to us visiting from down under.

Day 7 of 12 – Chasserades to Le Bleymard: Walking the Chemin de Stevenson (GR 70 Robert Louis Stevenson Trail) in the south of France.

45528214972_c792176a89_h.jpg

Restormel Castle - Lostwithiel, Cornwall, UK - UK2016-100
by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

Restormel Castle or Kastel Rostorrmel lies by the River Fowey near Lostwithiel in Cornwall, England, UK. It is one of the four chief Norman castles of Cornwall. The castle is notable for its perfectly circular design. Although once a luxurious residence of the Earl of Cornwall, the castle was all but ruined by the 16th century. It was briefly reoccupied and fought over during the English Civil War but was subsequently abandoned.

Located on a spur of high ground overlooking the River Fowey, Restormel Castle is an unusually well-preserved example of a circular shell keep, a rare type of fortification built during a short period in the 12th and early 13th centuries. Only 71 examples are known in England and Wales, of which Restormel Castle is the most intact of all.

We actually spent a bit of time exploring the Castle which turned out to be more interesting than the first impressions suggested

Back