Nature Urban nature

D75_5265.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

M.

OVI07133.JPG

That looks fragile.

OVI07158.JPG

Is this how the horror movies start? The gardener died first?

OVI07041.JPG

Is the stream breaking traffic law or is the traffic cone on a summer holiday enjoying a splash?

OVI07058.JPG

Just hang in there ... Help is coming.

I've never seen this much grass at Rocklands beach before (cell phone pic)
Years ago (very many years ago) there used to be a wooden cabin at the foot of that slope down from the promenade and on summer weekends ... pony rides! I used to beg to go and occasionally my parents would give in; that was the high point of the outing. Sometimes I'd just go and stroke the ponies on their soft nuzzles. It was wonderful. They'd literally walk 50m and turn around and go back again, but I would be in sheer heaven for those few minutes

Grass on Rocklands beach Sea Point July 2023.jpg

I've never seen this much grass at Rocklands beach before (cell phone pic)
Years ago (very many years ago) there used to be a wooden cabin at the foot of that slope down from the promenade and on summer weekends ... pony rides! I used to beg to go and occasionally my parents would give in; that was the high point of the outing. Sometimes I'd just go and stroke the ponies on their soft nuzzles. It was wonderful. They'd literally walk 50m and turn around and go back again, but I would be in sheer heaven for those few minutes

View attachment 398606
The lovely, gentle memories of childhood, Irene.

Back